Hearing God’s Voice is the devotion for today. It’s designed to help you dig into God’s Word, spend time with the One who created you, and let Jesus invade your life.
Bible Verse for Today
“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”John 10:27 (NIV)
Devotion for Today
Hearing God’s Voice
In a world filled with noise and distractions, hearing God’s voice can sometimes feel like trying to hear a whisper in a windstorm. Yet, in John 10:27, Jesus assures us that as His sheep, we are capable of recognizing and following His voice.
Think of a shepherd and his flock. The sheep, amidst all the noise, can pick out their shepherd’s voice because they’ve spent time with him, they trust him, and they depend on him for their needs. Similarly, our ability to discern God’s voice grows as we spend time in His presence, immerse ourselves in His Word, and grow in our relationship with Him.
Take the example of Samuel from the Bible. As a young boy, he didn’t recognize God’s voice until Eli, the priest, guided him. Samuel was open, willing to listen, and ready to respond, which led to his recognition of God’s voice.
So, how do we tune into God’s frequency in our daily lives? Here are a few practical tips:
- Quiet Time: Make time for silence each day. In quiet moments, we create space to hear God.
- Immerse in the Word: Regularly reading and meditating on the Bible attunes our hearts and minds to God’s voice.
- Pray: Prayer is a conversation where we talk and listen. As we pour out our hearts to God, let’s also pause to listen.
- Seek Guidance: When unsure, seek guidance from mature believers or spiritual mentors. They can provide discernment and wisdom.
- Act on What You Hear: Obedience reinforces recognition. When we believe we’ve heard from God, let’s step out in faith and act on it.
Let’s strive to be like Samuel, who upon recognizing God’s voice, responded, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”